Midlands Area Junior Working Group has been working both locally and nationally on the Junior Competition Framework and Regulations. Please find below documents relating to Junior Competitions which we hope will help with planning for your junior activity.
Fixtures will be entered on to the Game Management System (GMS) and clubs will responsible for entering venue details, match times and ensuring all their team contacts are kept up to date.
- Clubs In2Hockey - County (Sub Area) Rounds
The dates given on the Central Calendar for counties to select from are:
- 11th February- this date should not be used for U12s as there is also County Hockey scheduled
- 10th March- this date should not be used for U12s as there is also County Hockey scheduled
- 25th February- this date could be used for U10s if needed
- 17th March- this date could be used for U10s if needed
For any further details on these then please speak to your County organiser.
- Clubs In2Hockey - Midlands Area Rounds
The dates for these are:
- U10s Sunday 21st April at Nottingham Hockey Centre
- U12s Sunday 28th April at Nottingham Hockey Centre
Further details on these will be sent out once qualifiers are known.
Are you coaching, managing, administering or volunteering in a junior team who play in any U14, U16 or U18 Area league competitions or England Hockey Championships?
If so, along with England Hockey, we've created a couple of videos that further explain and give tips on what you need to do before, during and after a game, along with some best practice advice to ensure you are adhering to the Junior Regulations.
If your team play games outside of these competitions, then please do watch video 2 where you will find helpful tips on how to manage the game when one side is heavily outplaying the other.
https://youtu.be/Leh5SUllwW0 - Part One
https://youtu.be/EsZuJaz3N5Q - Part Two